As an ApprenticeAccountant your main responsibilities will include:
- Assist accountants and managers on accounts preparation, tax and auditing
- You will work closely with a qualified staff member who will guide you on how to approach each task
- You will attend in-house technical training as required to assist in your role (in addition to ongoing technical studies)
- You will receive a full study package and time off to attend college
- Develop and apply technical knowledge gained from studies and on the job experience
- Maintain a professional working relationship with both clients and colleagues.
We are looking for someone to start ASAP or to tie in when college day release starts in February 2021.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- IT Literate able to use MS Excel and Word
- Experience in auditing and charity accounts would be an advantage, but not essential as training will be provided.
- Dedication to achieving an AAT qualification
- The ability to manage own workload and prioritise to meet deadlines
- Problem solver with investigative nature
- Professional approach to work and the office environment.
- GCSE, or equivalents,maths and English grades A* -B/9-5
- L3 AAT qualified.
There is the option to train towards the Chartered Accountancy qualification for the right candidate.Things to consider
Learning and Development is an integral part of Humphrey & Co. We aim to provide the best support to our people to ensure that their development and knowledge is at the best level possible through professional qualifications, in-house training and self-development.
Day release to college will start in February 2022, from East Sussex College's, Eastbourne Campus. You will be paid for your day in college each week.
We have regular social events (when rules allow) and a great team ethos.
There is four weeks holiday and death in service and company pension to join, after a qualifying period.
The wages will depend upon experience and previous qualifications, so please note the wage range.