What will the apprentice be doing?
In your new role as a design engineer you will be:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Producing drawings and specifications using using sophisticated 3D computer software and engineering calculation procedures
- Involved in all stages of projects
- Working closely with others, in a team environment, to achieve a common goal
- Representing CPW at project meetings
- Site management of contractors and installations in terms of compliance with design
- Liaison with the other design department members such as architects
You will acheive a Level 4 HNC in Building Services Engineering and will study at Leeds College of Building one day per week.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be able to progress from a Level 4 on to a Level 5/Degree Course if desired.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6/B) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 6/B) Essential
A Level or equivalent Graphic Design (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Physics (Grade C) Desired