- Use of data visualisation tools to present data in infographics, charts and reports.
- The ability to compile data from different sources - e.g. business information systems, spreadsheets, reports and public data.
- Process, cleanse, analyse (including statistical analysis) and present data on a regular basis.
- Set up daily and monthly reports.
- Run ad hoc and standard data analysis reports and performance dashboards.
- Data mining and forecasting.
- Big Data - working with and processing large amounts of complex data.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
Personal qualities Desired qualifications
- Good technical skills in Microsoft BI Stack (Excel, SSIS/SSRS/SSAS desirable).
- Knowledge of managing large scale datasets with large transactional volumes.
- Project management skills.
- GCSE English and Maths at grade C/4 or above and
- 2x A Levels (1 including Maths, Economics or ICT), or
- An International Baccalaureate at Level 3 in ICT, or
- A Level 3 apprenticeship in a similar subject, or
- A BTEC Extended Diploma in IT (180 credits, or
- A minimum of 15 months of experience within the last 24 months or 18 months in the last 36 months in an IT role.
- Or equivalents
Specific roles that are acceptable are: Data Administrator Business Analyst
You may also have a combination of qualifications and experience which demonstrate the minimum foundation needed for the programme. In this instance you could still be considered for the programme.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
92% of QA Apprentices secure permanent employment after finishing their apprenticeship.Additionally there may be opportunities to undertake further apprenticeship training as many of our programs offer on-going development tracks.Things to consider
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.