The Apprentice Paraplanner will be positioned to learn, whilst supporting the Partner/Practice Manager when informing and advising clients on financial strategies, plans and products, and organise the technical task, illustrations, and reports.
- Learning to analyse clients' requirements, develop cash flow models and accurately record client data;
- Assisting with research and analysing financial products to meet client requirements and objectives;
- Learning to construct financial planning solutions (investment, retirement, tax and estate planning) supported by the production of computer models and reports;
- Learning to prepare suitability letters and reports, helping with client files and back office IT records throughout the advice process;
- Learning to prepare client reviews, updating cash flow models, investment performance reviews and production of supporting reports, discussion documents and computer models;
- Deal with general client queries and attend client meetings as required.
- Work with other practice colleagues to ensure application and provider forms are prepared as required and clients are updated throughout the process;
- Work within and stay up to date with template changes and advice notes;
- Attend meetings to record the outcome and complete the necessary file notes and follow up tasks
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- High level of literacy skills and a passion for writing
- Able to transpose information accurately;
- Strong numeracy skills;
- Confident in dealing with third parties and can work with total discretion;
- Highly organised with excellent communication skills;
- Broad experience of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Exceptional attention to detail;
- Manages time effectively with the ability to multi-task.
- Keeps calm when faced with conflicting demands and handles these effectively;
- Demonstrates a positive attitude at all times;
- Works well on own tasks as well as on shared goals as part of a team;
- Enthusiasm to help clients.
- Minimum of grade C/4 in GCSE maths and English
- Minimum of A-Levels or level 3 qualification completed
- Or equivalents
This role would progress to a fully qualified paraplanner role who would support the Practice in maintaining the regulatory requirement for client reviews and in writing new business. We are happy to work with the right candidate to meet their career goals.