Bucher Municipal Ltd is one of the world's leading manufacturers of street cleansing equipment. Our products include road sweepers, sewer and drainage cleaners and winter maintenance (salt spreaders). In Dorking, we design and manufacture the Truck Mounted Sweeper range and the runway sweepers.
Bucher Municipal want to invest in your future. This apprenticeship will develop the skillset required to become a qualified Buyer and to provide you with a broad exposure to a wide variety of purchasing and logistics activities during the apprenticeship term.
This position will be either a Level 3 or Level 4 apprenticeship studying towards the CIPS Level 3 or Level 4 qualification dependent on previous academic achievements.
The position reports to the Head of Purchasing and is responsible for a wide variety of tasks and projects as outlined below.
As part of the apprenticeship, you will be:-
- Learn the basic principles of purchasing and how the department interacts with the business.
- Participate with Engineering and Quality in the selection and improvement of suppliers including supplier research, benchmarking and management.
- Understand the principles of supply contracts, how to use them as a tool for establishing, developing and negotiating for a range of goods and services.
- Involvement in cost reduction activities considering, market price, product quality, product and process costs, schedule flexibility, inventory carry costs, supplier reduction.
- Learn and investigate new/improved methods of supply chain practices.
- Learn the principles of SAP and how purchasing manages day to day MRP/Kanban requirements.
- Understand the principles of engineering change management and the effect on the supply chain.
- Learn the principles of group purchasing and the competence centre structure within Bucher Municipal.
- Involvement in the co-ordination of engineering change management within operations departments.
- Visit suppliers to carry out audits.
- Excellent communications skills
- Knowledge or interest in engineering or a commercial environment
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Good IT skills ie Word and Excel
- Team Player
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritise workloads and meet deadlines
- GCSE or equivalent in English (Grade 4 or above) essential.
- GCSE or equivalent in Mathematics (Grade 4 or above) essential
- GCSE or equivalent in ICT (Grade 4 or above) desirable
- 'A' Level or BTEC equivalent desirable
Apprentices are a key part of our business and we look to maintain the skills learnt during the apprenticeship and to develop these further in future career paths within the organisation.