What will the apprentice be doing?
To assist with specific production requirements including call sheets, kit bookings, car hire, travel & hotel bookings, freelancer, crew & post production bookings and assist on location shoots where appropriate.
You will assist with financial tracking of all projects, including POs, cash floats & foreign currencies, reconciling expenses & credit card statements.
You will assist the Team Production Manager to support freelancers and familiarise them with RY systems.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- End to End Production: the key stages of the production process and the role of the Production Co-ordinator at each stage
- Production Paperwork: how to create schedules, call sheets and daily reports
- Booking crew and facilities
- Compliance, Legal and Financial regulations
- How to create a budget and monitor expenditure
- Preparing Scripts and other Production Documentation
- Copyright, clearances and licensing
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completing this apprenticeship, you will be able to work effectively as a Production Co-ordinator in the film, tv and advertising industries.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
attention to detail, Proficient in MS Office, Proficient in Entourage, Proficient in InDesign
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A-C or 9-4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C or 9-4) Desired
Things to consider
A genuine desire to become a moving image producer Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines