What will the apprentice be doing?
Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues & subcontractors, you will assist with:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Organisation and updating of site documentation
- Compiling photos and quality records
- Monitoring and ordering stock
- Ensuring that subcontractor HSE paperwork is received on time and is correct
- HSE checks and records
- Checking the quality of work by our subcontractors
- Create and display information posters
- Record, control and report on progress on the project
- Reporting safety issues on site
You will study for and be expected to pass the Level 4 Construction Site Supervisor Apprenticeship, over 36 months, usually attending college 1 day per week.
We will support you through your formal apprentice qualification and take part in the Balfour Beatty Enhanced Apprentice programme which includes:
- Development events and activities
- Compete in the Balfour Beatty Brathay Apprentice Challenge, to help us find the Balfour Beatty Apprentice Team of the Year!
- Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Award
Rotational opportunities could be available within this role, this will be discussed at a later date.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be given a career path on joining that will take you through the different roles and experiences you should gain through the apprenticeship. Following successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be able to develop your career further within Balfour Beatty.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent STEM subjects (min 5 GCSEs) and English (Grade 9-4) Essential
A Level or equivalent STEM subjects (min 3 A levels or equivalent) (Grade A-C) Essential