About the apprenticeship
We are looking for an organized finance administrator to join our team
At the national outdoor centre, Plas y Brenin.
This is an exciting opportunity for a finance administrator to join the Plas y Brenin team and start a career within a financial or related field. This is the perfect role for someone who is looking to start a career and gain experience whilst working in an active and positive environment. The new finance administrator will have fantastic mathematical abilities, a keen eye for detail and some experience working with money and/or payroll systems.
At Plas y Brenin staff have access to all outdoors equipment on site, all facilities, the grounds and also have discounted courses to name a few of the benefits. Our staff are at the heart of what we do and create a friendly atmosphere not only for their colleagues but for our guests. As a National Outdoor Centre, Plas y Brenin develops the people that develop the outdoor sector -from instructors to centre managers to expedition leaders to NGB officers to policymakers. This includes developing inspiring coaches, instructors and leaders in adventure sport, be they volunteers or working professionally in the sector, to better support people, from all backgrounds, to get active in the outdoors.
By hosting conferences, symposiums and meetings, we bring together practitioners from across the UK (and beyond) to share learning, transfer good practice and raise standards. This inspirational venue, with a world-class reputation, is also committed to helping individuals nurture their skills and confidence for independent adventures.
The remit includes supporting all aspects of marketing Plas y Brenin, National Outdoor Centre, at
an organisation level and the full range of PYB products and services.
1. To carry out daily banking of Petty Cash throughout the site with a keen eye for detail and the
ability to record all outgoings/incoming transactions in an organized manner
2. Raise sales invoices and credits in accordance with company policies
3. Dealing with any financial queries in a timely and friendly manner. This may include queries about
invoices, petty cash or payroll.
4. Chasing outstanding debts, administering debt reports, and liaising with the necessary
personnel to ensure prompt payments are received.
5. Accurately processing monthly payroll sheets and liaising with managers for any variations to
6. Maintaining employee records to a high standard on an HR system as well as on a digital filing
7. Ensuring the HR system accurately reflects current staff details including, but not limited to,
new starters, contractual amendments, change of details and leaver data.
8. Assist staff with basic finance and HR questions as they arise, escalating where required
9. General administration duties as and when requested to assist with the data upkeep and quality
through the HR and Finance department
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Level 3 Apprenticeship in Business Administration
About the employer
National Outdoor Centre - Plas Y Brenin Plas y Brenin
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
North Wales training to shortlist all applicants and refer to employer if suitable The Employer will contact you direct if your application is successful to arrange a suitable interview date and time