At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. We’re deeply committed to our strategy of being a great place to work. For us, that includes fostering an environment where everyone can be among inclusive, supportive individuals with curious minds.
A company that genuinely follows the science and values individuals at all levels, you’ll be backed and encouraged to speak up, ask questions, and share ideas to push the boundaries of science and continuously learn and explore.
Make the start of your journey a lifechanging one
As part of our Early Talent Programme, you’ll be involved in projects and learning opportunities that have real impact from day one.
Being part of our journey and helping us to provide life changing medicine to patients all over the world and transform lives for the better. Making important contributions and embracing our values to deliver on our purpose. Because regardless of role or level, we all have an important part to play in making a positive difference.
We are offering an apprenticeship within our Logistics and Clinical Supply (LCS) team to be based at the newly built global research headquarters in Cambridge. The LCS team support the manufacture, labelling and delivery of investigational medicinal product (IMP) for human trials.
A successful candidate will assume responsibilities for clinical trials that are aligned to the design, planning and delivery of clinical trial supply. As part of the role, you will develop an understanding for how the supply of medicines within clinical trials are controlled and regulated, how
information technology is used to manage the medical supply chain and how the delivery of trial medicines fits into the broader clinical trial process and the wider pharmaceutical industry, from discovering a new medicine right up to launching a medicine on the market
You will be trained to contribute actively to multiple project teams in addition to providing functional support across the portfolio. You will ultimately be expected to assume responsibility for tasks such as:
- Creating supply requests and distribution plans to prepare for new clinical trials
- Analysing forecasted and historical data to help develop a supply strategy
- Coordinating trial progress with external contracted companies in multiple time zones
- Monitoring and managing global inventory to enable continued supply for planned and ongoing clinical trials
- Identifying, communicating and managing opportunities and risks
- Coordinating international shipment of medicine between depots and clinical trial sites
- Managing documentation to ensure compliance with international governments regulations
- Working independently with minimal supervision
- Presenting and providing reports to senior management as required
Training and Development
AstraZeneca will sponsor you through your Supply Chain Leadership degree; https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/supply-chain-leadership-professional-degree/ at Leeds University.
The apprenticeship combines working, earning a full-time salary, with fully funded part-time university learning (on average 1 day/week). This will give you the opportunity to gain a Supply Chain Leadership degree, just as you would if you went to university full-time, with the advantage of gaining relevant work-life skills and the excitement of helping to develop new medicines whilst taking your first steps towards a rewarding career.
We truly value Early Talent– their thoughts, ideas and contributions. So throughout the programme, you’ll be encouraged and inspired to speak up, have a voice and make an impact.
Skills and Capabilities
- Good communication skills
- Good team working skills
- High organisation skills and confidence to work independently
- Logical thinking to be able to apply processes
- The ability to apply a rational approach to problem solving; making judgments based on sound reasoning, approaching problems in a logical manner
- Concerns for standards
- High numeracy and literacy skills
- Digital literacy
- Ability to learn
- 5 GCSEs Grades 9-4 including minimum 6 grade in Maths, English and preferably a Science subject or business subject
- To have achieved or predicted to achieve 2 A-Levels at Grade C or equivalent
This is a 4 year Fixed Term Contract opportunity based at Granta Park, Cambridge offering £21,000 starting base salary + 11% benefits fund + bonus.
Opening date of advert: 24th January 2022
Closing date of advert: 25th February 2022
Successful candidates will be notified after the closing date and will be asked to attend a virtual Assessment day on 4th April 2022
Should you require any reasonable adjustments or accommodations, please let us know on your application.
These positions are not open to those already educated to Bachelors degree level or above – for which we have specific Graduate Programmes, see our website for more details https://careers.astrazeneca.com/students
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorisation and employment eligibility verification requirements.