About the apprenticeship
• To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of children in your area in conjunction with other team members
• To keep records of your key children's development and learning journeys and share this with parents, carers and other key adults in the child's life
• To follow the nursery safeguarding procedure to ensure all children are kept safe, well and secure
• Engage in good team working
• Liaise with and support parents and other family members
• To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents evening, fundraising events etc.
• To be flexible within working practices of the nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
• Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the nursery's philosophy is fulfilled
• Read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Manager
• Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the Duty Manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it
• Look upon the nursery as a "whole" where can your help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the individual needs of all children
• Ensure someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent collects the child
• To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
We need qualified, experienced, enthusiastic, inspirational, motivated persons with plenty of energy to become part of the nursery team. The love for the outdoors is essential as we spend lots of time exploring your lovely garden area and what the seasons have to offer!
Level 2 qualified or working towards that level
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Children's, Care, Play, Learning & Development Level 3
About the employer
Tiggywinkles Day Nursery Stone lodge,
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
The successful candidate will be notified of interview as appropriate.