About Our Role
Fideres have been investigating corporate and financial wrongdoing for over 10 years, bringing advanced quantitative and data driven techniques to highly complex disputes involving competition infringement or financial instruments.
We are looking for a school leaver to join us as an Accounts Apprentice and assist us in the smooth running of the firm’s accounting and operations team. You will be a hard-working, proactive individual who is keen to get exposure in a small but innovative economic consultancy. In return, we will fully support you in your completion of your accounting apprenticeship through which you will be able to develop over the long term as a professional accountant.
Our apprenticeship is a level 3 apprenticeship, aimed at school leavers with a minimum of 3 A Levels (A* to C) including Maths or Accounting, or a BTEC Level 3 with Distinction.
The role will be based in our London office, and applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
The salary for this role will be £16,000 to £18,000 according to level. The apprenticeship will be fully funded by Fideres and paid study leave days will be provided.
- Day to day Xero bookkeeping including processing of bank transactions and intercompany transactions
- Process staff and partner expenses
- Process invoice payments
- Creating client invoices and generating time-keeping reports, for each project
- Undertake credit control and produce weekly receivables reports
- Assist with the quarterly VAT Returns and ad-hoc HMRC queries
- Administer monthly payroll and benefits in conjunction with third party providers
- Assist with month end – WIP, accruals, prepayments and depreciation journal postings
- Assist with monthly management packs consisting of KPIs, PL variances, Balance Sheet Analysis, Cashflow Summary, Payables, Receivables and FX Exposure
- Assist with preparation of Quarterly management report
- Other bookkeeping and accounts administration tasks as may be required from time to time
Required Skills and Attributes
- A minimum of 3 A Levels (A* to C) including Maths or Accounting, or BTEC Level 3 with Distinction
- 8 GSCE’s (A* to B) including Maths (A*)
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Helpful and shows initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- PC skills including Microsoft Office, in particular Excel and PowerPoint
- Effective multi-tasking and management of deadlines
- Not afraid to express an opinion and offer new solutions
- Self-motivated to perform in a demanding business environment and to assume a wide range of responsibilities
- Innovative and consistently looking to improve processes
- Focused on delivery and committed to seeing projects through to their close
Fideres was founded in 2009 out of the financial crisis to investigate corporate misconduct and abuses and is now a provider of economic analysis to law firms and their clients as well as regulators. This can include working alongside law firms, investigating wrongful conduct to allow clients to take action and providing expert testimony at court. We have been engaged by all major US and UK litigation law firms, governments, and other public-sector entities to assist in numerous high-profile antitrust investigations and private litigation, spanning across several industries and jurisdictions. We have developed innovative modelling techniques for highly complex competition and financial issues, and our work has contributed to a heightened standard of economic evidence in litigation globally, particularly in class action.
Please submit your curriculum vitae and a cover letter explaining your motivation to join Fideres and your interest in the role offered to email@example.com indicating the job title in the subject window.
Please note that we consider a thoughtful and considered cover letter to be an integral part of the application.