The ACA Programme:
Menzies LLP was voted one of the best Graduate & Apprenticeship Employers to work for over the past 5 years (Job Crowd.com) with our award-winning training and development trainee programmes for Graduates & Apprentices. We offer a personable, friendly and supportive training environment. All of our trainees have a mentor & training manager for the duration of the trainee programme and they will get the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients from various industry sectors.
Menzies' ACA Apprenticeship programme is ideal for graduates starting out in the accountancy profession. Our ACA trainees work in small client assignment teams of three or four people with direct access to business owners and directors. Over the three-year programme, Trainees will develop their technical knowledge, practical skills and gain commercial insight into how a variety of businesses work and the challenges they face. As Trainees progress through the programme they will develop audit skills in increasingly complex areas and take on additional responsibility for supervising some of the work of more junior members of the team.
- Communicating and building working relationships with clients and other employees within relevant departments within the Firm
- Planning, execution and completion of statutory audits, reporting to managers and partners
- Preparation of statutory accounts, including review of disclosure requirements
- Co-ordinate and communicate plans with clients, to ensure deadlines are met
- Beginning to lead on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision from the second year of contract, ensuring quality is met within budget
- Monitoring and progressing less experienced trainees and team members from within your second year
- Engaging in business development, promoting the Firm and its services to existing and potential clients
Our focus at Menzies is providing a #BrighterThinking approach, going the extra mile to keep clients on-track to achieve their personal and business objectives. As a leading UK accountancy and advisory firm we have a passion for advising entrepreneurs and SMEs through our sector-led teams.
We apply the same principles to individuals within the Firm. Our people are ambitious, self-motivated and encouraged to develop their skill set and realise their potential.
#BrighterThinking is how we sum up the difference we make, as a firm, to our clients and in the way we hire and develop talent in Menzies. It's finance and accounting expertise, combined with strategic commercial thinking and a promise to add real value across all areas of our clients' businesses.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Strong IT skills including MS Office and databases
- Good numeracy and literary skills
- Strong at networking & relationship building skills
- Ability to demonstrate good verbal and written communication
- Willingness to learn and ability to be flexible
- Good time management and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain work-life-study balance to meet required deadlines
- Willingness to contribute as part of a team
- 2:1 undergraduate degree in either a Business, Finance, Science, Law, Engineering or Mathematics discipline
- 3 A-Level passes at grade A-C
- 5 GCSEs grades A*- C or 9-4 (maths and English Language preferred) or equivalent qualification
As Apprentices progress through the programme they will develop audit skills in increasingly complex areas and take on additional responsibility for supervising some of the work of more junior members of the team.Things to consider
Please ensure that you apply for the position as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. The closing date is a rough guideline as to when an advert will close. The advert may close before the given closing date if the employer has filled the position(s).
BPP have a dedicated team who support students with disabilities, learning difficulties, health conditions and wellbeing. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries or would like more.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide is updated every April (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates