Are you an experienced team leader or supervisor in retail, hospitality or another customer focussed industry? Are you looking to progress further into a management role? If yes, then this might be the opportunity for you.
We are looking to recruit a trainee shop manager for ours shops in South Essex. We offer a permanent full-time (45 hours per week) position working a variety of shifts, 5 days from 7 each week.
What does the training involve?
- Initial training period working alongside an experienced shop manager and developing your practical skills in retail management.
- A period of running your shop with high support from your Area Manager.
- Approximately 3-6 months into your training, you will take on full responsibility for one of our South Essex shops while you will continue to develop your management skills, with the support of your area manager.
- Working towards a Level 4 Retail Manager apprenticeship qualification with Babcock Training, our approved training provider.
- Support with upskilling your maths and English (if required)
- Completion of an independent end point assessment at the end of your training.
- This is an 19-month training programme and upon successful completion you will be made a permanent employee.
In return for your hard work and commitment, you will receive:
- A starting salary of £23,463 (which will increase to £24,992 after 6 months).
- A retail manager level 4 apprenticeship standard qualification.
- Paid time to complete your apprenticeship coursework.
- Great training and support.
- 30 days holiday each year.
- 15% staff discount to use in any of our shops
- Free life assurance.
- Workplace pension.
As one of our Trainee Shop Managers you will:
- Be fully accountable for your shop and responsible for ensuring that customers are looked after and shop routines are completed to maintain a safe, clean and tidy shop.
- Motivate and guide your team to be as successful and efficient as possible
- Lead by example and get stuck in with the day to day tasks involved in running one of our busy shops
- Control key costs including payroll, shrinkage and waste
- Meet standards in relation to customer service, cash handling, health & safety, stock management, merchandising and presentation.
- Take responsibility for recruitment, training and development of your team.
The address of this advert is for our Pitsea store, however you be expected to be able to travel between the below stores:
Farmfoods Southend - UNIT 3B GREYHOUND TRADING EST, GREYHOUND WAY, SOUTHEND-ON-SEA, SS2 5PY
Farmfoods Southend Eastern Avenue - Eastern Avenue, Southend-on-Sea, SS2 5YB
Farmfoods Grays - 2B THE MALL, GRAYS, ESSEX, RM17 6QE
Farmfoods Chelmsford - 4 WATERSON VALE, CHELMSFORD, CM2 9PB
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
To be successful in this role you will need to be a hard worker with good communication skills and someone who is able to provide excellent customer service. You must also possess some leadership skills.Personal qualities
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a friendly, positive, hardworking approach to work.
• Is a 'people person' who finds it easy to get on everyone and is able to build strong working relationships with the people you work with.
• Is trustworthy and reliable as you will be an important part of a small team. Your team and customers will depend upon you to do your job to the best of your ability at all times.
• Is organised and can remain calm in busy, high-pressured situations.
• Ensure that all work set by our apprenticeship provider is completed on time.Desired qualifications
You do not have to have any qualifications to be successful in your application for this role.Future prospects
This is an 19-month training programme and upon successful completion you will be made a permanent employee.
There are many opportunities for a career at Farmfoods. We always look to promote our team members internally, and many people in management and central services positions at Farmfoods started their careers in our shops. This could be the start of a rewarding and long-term career for you.Things to consider
This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
• Monday to Saturday = 8am - 8pm
• Sunday = 10am to 4pm
• Earliest shift start = 6am
• Latest shift finish = 9pm
• Stocktake finish time = 10.30pm