The role will include contributing to sales office objectives of client satisfaction and retention by providing data and administrative support to the sales office, intermediaries and clients. To positively promote our company both pro-actively and reactively with a goal of increasing the performance within your dedicated team.
- Answer phone calls
- Produce customer contract price lists
- Produce individual quotations
- Input phone orders as they are placed
- Use initiative to source non-standard products
- Send latest promotions to dedicated customers
- Follow up latest promotions sent out with a view to increasing sales
- Input new contracts for dedicated customers
- Investigate queries on invoices
- Check and if required chase deliveries from DDC to dedicated customers
- Set up new customers
- Make contact information amendments for dedicated sales representative
- Investigate any problems or complaints from a dedicated customer, escalating to Account Manager if required
- Check all orders and deliveries for Customers put on the Red Alert list
- Other ad hoc duties
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- The successful candidate will have a can-do attitude
- Interest in developing your career to continue your growth and success
- Positive attitude
Entry Level Requirements:
The entry requirements for this programme are as follows:
- 3 GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades 4+ (A-C) in any subject
- GCSE Maths and English (or equivalents) at grades 3+ (D or above)
- Prospective apprentices must not hold an existing qualification at the same or higher level as this apprenticeship in a similar subject
Experience (if the learner can't meet the qualification requirements):
- Those working in a role (for at least 6 months) where data is used on a regular basis and able to demonstrate working towards Level 2 in Maths and English.
If you hold international equivalents of the above qualifications, at the time of your application you must be able to provide an official document that states how your international qualifications compare to the UK qualifications.
Find out more here:
We commit to all our apprentices' personal progression and dedicate our time to the development of your skills to help you achieve your goals with ample career progression.Things to consider
QA's apprenticeships are funded by the Education & Skills Funding Agency (ESFA), an executive agency of the Department for Education.
To be eligible for a Government funded apprenticeship you must have lived in the UK or European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 consecutive years.