Professional Accountancy/Taxation Technician Apprentice - Pfizer
This apprenticeship is a financial role working towards the responsibility for creating and verifying financial information to support decision making across commercial operations within a pharmaceutical organisation. Working with members of financial departments across Pfizer’s various businesses and operations for internal and external reporting purposes. Potential to work towards Accountancy qualifications provided by the relevant Professional Bodies.
This apprenticeship will support your training to become a professional within a financial environment where you will be required to have knowledge and understanding of the core elements of business accounting principles.
Throughout this apprenticeship you will develop Business Awareness and demonstrate your understanding of the science industry and environment in which a commercial pharmaceutical company operates, including customer and supplier needs in order to create, validate and / or report financial information.
Ethics and integrity are fundamental to the role therefore, you will understand and apply the relevant Ethical Standards to your own behaviour and appropriately
challenge the actions of others where they do not meet these standards. You will also learn to understand and apply professional standards and legal regulations to Pfizer’s financial information and to comply with the fundamental principles of integrity, objectivity, professional competence and due care and confidentiality.
What is required?
- Analysis; Create and interpret information, and show how that information can be used most effectively to add value
- Communication; Effectively communicate relevant information across the organisation and to appropriate stakeholders in both written and verbal formats
- Leadership; Proactively manage your own development and be committed to the job and your profession
- Planning and Prioritisation; Work to tight deadlines and respond to changing priorities. Effectively plan and prioritise your time and coordinate the input of others in order to meet both deadlines and changing priorities
- Produces Quality and Accurate Information; Apply accounting/tax knowledge to consistently deliver high quality, accurate data and information in a timely fashion
- Team Working and Collaboration; Work effectively in a team and with others, maintaining effective, professional working relationships both internally and externally across organisations
- Uses Systems and Processes; Understand the systems and processes of the organisation sufficiently, as applicable to the role. Proficient in the IT systems applicable to the role
- Attention to detail
- Time management
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive attitude
- Analytical skills
- Computer literate
- Ethics and Integrity
- Professional scepticism
- You should possess 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) - grades A - C including Maths and English
- 2 A Levels (or equivalent) including Maths at grade C or above
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.
Things to consider
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study. Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace. See the following website: https://www.traveline.info/