Apprentice Business Administrator
About the employer
IT Fleet Automotive is built on experience gained through managing the used car programmes of several major manufacturers. The IT Fleet Automotive management team has over 120 years of combined industry experience covering transport, vehicle refurbishment, fleet management and auction sales. Through organic growth and acquisition, the company has become one of the UK's leading automotive service providers. Our industry leading refurbishment and storage facilities are complemented by a powerful set of web-based systems that give our clients an unparalleled level of information and service.
The Business Administrator role provides learning opportunities across all the operational and functional departments and incorporates study and completion of the NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration.
Key responsibilities and tasks:
- Learning about the company’s mission, values and available services
- Providing office support including customer and colleague support
- Keep well organised files and records of relevant business activity
- Maintaining manual and computerised records and databases up-to-date and accurate, observing confidentiality
- Interacting, communicating and building relationships with colleagues and customers either on the phone or in person, maintaining professionalism
- Answering the telephone and connecting calls to the relevant department or person
- Taking accurate telephone messages and ensure they are passed on in a timely manner
- Inputting information onto computer systems, ensuring accuracy and timely input
- Preparing documents, printing, copying and scanning for file
- Participating in department meetings, taking accurate notes
- Sending and responding to business communications via email
- Give feedback on office efficiency and suggesting possible improvements
- Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm, with 1 hour lunch. Total hours per week: 35.00
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Methodical approach to work
- Good customer service skills
- Attention to detail
- If you do not have Maths and English GCSE grades A*-C (or equivalent) we will support you to achieve Functional Skills in those subjects.
- Permanent position available upon successful completion of the Apprenticeship programme.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Business and Administration
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in English and Maths (If needed)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Business and Administration