Data Administrator/Secretarial Apprentice
About the employer
At Ixworth Surgery we acknowledge that village life remains distinct from that in a town. Our aim is to provide excellent 21st century medical care, whilst retaining the traditional style and personal approach of country doctoring.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a lucky applicant who is looking to make a name for themselves within the administration sector.
Based in Ixworth, near Bury St Edmunds, easily accessible by bus or car, Ixworth Surgery is looking for an individual who possesses good organisation skills and has the ability to work off of their own initiative.
This is a great opportunity for a potential apprentice to work towards a nationally recognised qualification and also gain essential work experience which will allow them to develop their current skills set and learn what it takes to be successful in the industry.
This is an unmissable chance for all you young individuals who are struggling to find that one opening that they need to make a name for themselves within the administration sector upon this apprenticeship.
There are excellent progression opportunities for the apprentices who are looking to work hard for their achievements. The role will be across the administration and secretarial department, so no days will be the same, each day will be interesting, exciting fulfilling!
The tasks and responsibilities of the apprentice are listed below:
Data administration duties:
- answering the phones
- dealing with appointments
- reviewing medical records and producing an accurate summary of the patient’s medical history
- read coding the information into the practice clinical system
- monitoring progress of notes summarising against practice targets
- filing and retrieving paperwork
- extraction of necessary data from clinical correspondence and input into electronic patient record
- file copies of hospital referrals
- file hospital letters
- scanning of letters and relevant correspondence into patient’s notes
- summarisation of patient’s notes when requested
- load summary care record updates
- ensure backups are taken in accordance with practice procedure
- proactively initiate data quality improvement projects
- ensure security of data at all times
- upload and download 24hr ECG reports
- facilitate and minute palliative care and holistic team meetings
- Update out-of-hours/care UK site
Medical secretarial department duties:
- to provide an efficient audio, copy typing and word processing service for GPs and health professionals as required, this includes the typing of letters, reports, patient referrals, minutes, memorandums, etc. in an accurate and quality manner
- to make appointments, bookings and admissions as required
- to establish and maintain filing and administrative systems so that written or computer information is easily accessible and secure
- to retrieve medical records as required for booking appointments and reports
- file patient records and correspondence in patient medical records
- to receive incoming and initiate outgoing telephone calls in order to facilitate timely and appropriate communications with others, taking messages and dealing with appropriate queries relating to clinical appointments
- to maintain the computer clinical system in an accurate and secure manner
- to provide cover for members of the secretarial team during periods of sickness and annual leave
- to receive and dispatch mail and maintain an electronic pending system
This is an excellent opportunity for an apprentice to learn the ropes of working within an administration position at a highly successful doctor’s surgery.
So, are you wondering what to do next?
Click that apply button and one of our recruitment consultants will get hold of you as soon as possible!
- Monday - Friday 37 hrs p/wk Specific hours will be discussed during an interview. Total hours per week: 37.00
- excellent organisation skills
- professional telephone manner
- IT literate
- ability to use their own initiative
- good communication skills
- hard working
- If you do not have Maths and English GCSE grades A*-C (or equivalent) we will support you to achieve Functional Skills in those subjects.
- If hard work is shown throughout the Apprenticeship there is the possibility for a full time position in the company, the company are keen for the Apprentice to stay in the company and grow.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Business Administration.
- Functional Skills in English, Maths and ICT. - If Required.
- Business Administration
Apply for Data Administrator/Secretarial Apprentice
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly