Apprentice Hospitality Team Member - GBP148pw - Ardingly
Lovely opportunity to work at an independent school in the countryside.
- Assist in the preparation of service & dining areas, food service, cleaning of equipment, utensils & working areas whilst maintaining correct levels of Health & Safety.
1. Comply with HACCP procedures, statutory and company requirements.
2. Assist with all aspects of the preparation of food service areas and presentation of food to the notified standard.
3. To prepare all food with due care and attention, particularly in regard to customers special dietary requirements: for example, nut, dairy or wheat allergies.
4. Serve food and drink to customers and guests as directed.
5. Assist with the replenishment of food, beverages and equipment to ensure service periods do not stop.
6. Assist with hygienic cleaning of utensils and work areas after service periods.
7. Assist with the implementation of cleaning schedules to agreed standards.
8. Promote a friendly working relationship with colleagues.
9. Promote a good company image to customers and guests by using positive customer service practices.
10. To assist with the setup, service, clearing and cleaning of function catering as requested.
11. To undertake occasional duties outside the normal routine but within the scope of the position and the departments activities.
1. To assist, as required, at special functions, some of which may occur outside normal working hours, for which you will be paid overtime.
2. To report any complaint or compliment and take action if at all possible.
3. To report any incident of accident, fire, theft, loss, damage and take action as may be appropriate or possible.
4. To attend meetings and courses, as required.
5. To relieve and assist in other departments in certain circumstances
Training to be Provided:
Skills for Career Progression
Organisational Values & Workplace Behaviour
Ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff
Ability to work well under pressure
Good time management
Good customer service skills
Ability to communicate effectively with all customers and team members.
None. Training can be given on the job.
Ability to achieve performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
Positive approach to learning in role
Sense of own initiative
Ability to work effectively as part of a team
Flexible approach to role
Reliable and polite
Full time position in the catering team, possibility of progression in the future for the right candidate.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is GBP3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Gym (GBP40 membership fee for the year)
Fitness classes; yoga, pilates, jazzercise, circuits, running etc.
Free tea and coffee
Free meals when working (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
Private Health Care
Please be aware 40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7 each week, 8.5 hours shifts between 6.30am and 7.30pm, 52 weeks per year. One day will accommodate college day release.
Own transport would be beneficial due to the location. Or reliable alternative (e.g. parent happy to bring in)
There are no public transport links that run directly passed the College, some do run to the local village (although timings may be an issue with this option).
Employment is subject to Enhanced DBS checks, References, and Overseas criminal records checks (if applicable).