Freight & Accounts Clerk Apprenticeship
About the employer
Unrivalled commitment to Customer Service standards, passion for our Customer's business and innovation within the Freight Forwarding and Logistics industry are the core components of who we are. We have a purpose built head office and warehousing facility in Witham, Essex which is home to the seafreight, warehousing, haulage and national distribution services. Exports and Airfreight are headquartered at our dedicated office and warehouse facility in Manchester.
PFE are currently recruiting for an apprentice to join their friendly, hardworking team as a Freight and Accounts Clerk.
Working within Freight and Accounts departments as a clerk to gain an insight and solid understanding of the financial aspect of the shipping industry. This includes the following areas:
- The ideal candidate will be able to multi-task and be extremely well organised. A Freight & Accounts Clerk must be able to work as part of a team and so the ability to get on with people is extremely important
- Dealing with customers and internal staff by both telephone and e mail. To check and reference large amounts of invoices and credits on a daily basis and assisting with the daily process of e-scanning, paper filing, daily reports and query emails. Other important roles will be chasing agents and keeping up to date with the receipt of foreign paperwork
- Check and reference foreign Agent & Shipping Line invoices
- Liaising with Shipping Lines for rates of exchange
- Excellent clerical skills are required and being able to manage files and records as well as general office skills
- Accuracy is of utmost importance and a good numerical skill is essential
- Mon - Fri 9-5.30 (hour for lunch) Total hours per week: 37.50
- Knowledge of Excel
- Data inputting
- Highly organised and structured approach to tasks
- Work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Flexible approach to working during busy periods.
- Ability to develop relationship with customers
- Strong task orientation – can do approach
- Happy to pick up the phone
- Strong work ethic
- If you do not have Maths and English GCSE grades A*-C (or equivalent) we will support you to achieve Functional Skills in those subjects.
- If hard work is shown throughout the Apprenticeship there is the possibility for a full time position in the company, the company are keen for the Apprentice to stay in the company and grow.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 NVQ in Business Administration
- Functional skills in English and math's - If required
- Full in house company training
- Business and Administration