Operations Assistant Apprentice
About the employer
Unrivalled commitment to Customer Service standards, passion for our Customer's business and innovation within the Freight Forwarding and Logistics industry are the core components of who we are. We have a purpose built head office and warehousing facility in Witham, Essex which is home to the seafreight, warehousing, haulage and national distribution services. Exports and Airfreight are headquartered at our dedicated office and warehouse facility in Manchester.
PFE are currently recruiting for an apprentice to join their friendly, hardworking team as an Operations Assistant Apprentice.
To assist in the day to day of operations of key account management including: liaising with logistics partners to oversee the movement of goods, liaising with the customer to keep them informed of any issues and the upkeep of related administrative tasks.
- Communication with Suppliers to provide up to date information relating to shipments
- Assist in raising invoices
- Assist in raising cost confirmations
- Communication with the customer to report any issues and assist in resolution
- Communication with our partners to arrange and monitor movement of goods
- Providing administrative assistance to Key Account Manager
- Creating and maintaining KPI reports
- Creation of warehouse files and Devan instructions
- Assisting in updating internal systems
- To provide administrative support to key account managers
- To provide excellent customer service to key stakeholders on the account
- To work with our partners to ensure the smooth and effective operational management of the account
- Mon - Fri 9-5.30 (hour for lunch) Total hours per week: 37.50
- Knowledge of Excel
- Data inputting
- Highly organised and structured approach to tasks
- Work on own initiative but also as part of a team
- Flexible approach to working during busy periods.
- Ability to develop relationship with customers
- Strong task orientation – can do approach
- Happy to pick up the phone
- Strong work ethic
- If you do not have Maths and English GCSE grades A*-C (or equivalent) we will support you to achieve Functional Skills in those subjects.
- If hard work is shown throughout the Apprenticeship there is the possibility for a full time position in the company, the company are keen for the Apprentice to stay in the company and grow.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Customer Service
- Functional skills in English and math's - If required
- Full in house company training
- Customer service practitioner