Apprentice IT Software Developer
About the employer
Seltex Wallcoverings are the UK's leading designers and suppliers of contract wallcoverings for hotel, office, healthcare, cruise-ship and residential interiors. Seltex is a privately held company that has been family owned and operated since 1985. The company is renowned for supplying products that create unique environments in an array of commercial settings.
Seltex are currently in search of an IT / Software Developer to create and maintain software, in-house hardware and network systems. The successful candidate will also help to design / develop products for their clients and learn how to print and run jobs. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits.
Our client is looking for an outgoing and driven individual who pays great attention to detail to join their experienced team. Our client has promised that the successful candidate will be supported by the office members who each have a wealth of experience to back them up.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement new database programs
- Maintain and improve the performance of existing software / database
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Design and update software database
- Test and maintain software products to ensure strong functionality and optimisation
- Recommend improvements to existing software programs as necessary
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your IT skills and learn from a highly-experienced team. You will also be working towards a widely-recognised Level 2 in IT with the potential opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 Programme after successful completion of the Level 2.
If you find this vacancy appealing and think that you tick all the boxes, please don’t hesitate to apply!
- Mon-Thurs 9am-5:30pm, Friday 9am-5pm (30 minute lunch break) Total hours per week: 39.50
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- If you do not have Maths and English GCSE grades A*-C (or equivalent) we will support you to achieve Functional Skills in those subjects.
- If hard work is shown throughout the Apprenticeship there is the possibility for a full time position in the company, the company are keen for the Apprentice to stay in the company and grow.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in IT with the opportunity to move onto the Level 3
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- IT Application Specialist