Apprentice Office Assistant
About the employer
Seltex Wallcoverings are the UK's leading designers and suppliers of contract wallcoverings for hotel, office, healthcare, cruise-ship and residential interiors. Seltex is a privately held company that has been family owned and operated since 1985. The company is renowned for supplying products that create unique environments in an array of commercial settings.
Seltex’s small but growing company needs a reliable, organized Office Assistant to manage the day-to-day administrative aspects of running the business. The successful applicant will have a positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent communication skills. Seltex are looking for someone who can operate effectively with little or no supervision and who can manage multiple tasks at once without becoming overwhelmed. If this sounds like you we’re excited to talk with you.
Our client is looking for a driven and driven individual who pays great attention to detail to join their experienced team. Our client has promised that the successful candidate will be supported by the senior office members who each have a wealth of experience to back them up.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Answer six-line phone system and direct calls as required
- Design and maintain filing and storage systems in the office
- Schedule travel arrangements for senior executives as well as clients, when applicable
- Greet clients and vendors upon arrival and direct them to appropriate offices
- Process sample requests
- Process sales orders
- Maintain office supply inventory
- Retrieve documents and files when requested
- Read and route incoming mail
- Light accounting duties
- Create, edit, and update spreadsheets
This is a fantastic opportunity to further your Business Administration skills and learn from a highly-experienced team. You will also be working towards a widely-recognised Level 2 in Business Administration with the potential opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 Programme after successful completion of the Level 2.
If you find this vacancy appealing and think that you tick all the boxes, please don’t hesitate to apply!
- Mon-Thurs 9am-5:30pm, Friday 9am-5pm (30 minute lunch break). Total hours per week: 39.50
- Proficiency in Excel and Word
- Typing speed: minimum 60 WPM with 90 percent accuracy
- Familiarity with mobile technology
- Good attention to detail
- If you do not have Maths and English GCSE grades A*-C (or equivalent) we will support you to achieve Functional Skills in those subjects.
- If hard work is shown throughout the Apprenticeship there is the possibility for a full time position in the company, the company are keen for the Apprentice to stay in the company and grow.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Business Administration with the opportunity to move onto the Level 3 Programme
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Business and Administration