Apprentice Nursery Practitioner - Haywards Heath - GBP220.00 pw
Fabulous opportunity to work as an apprentice nursery practitioner.
- To work as part of the staff team, contributing to the smooth day to day operation of the setting
- To be responsible for providing high quality care and learning
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained throughout the setting on a daily basis
- To contribute towards the daily programme of nursery activities and events
- To be responsible for observing and recording childrens' progress and achievements, including the drawing up of curriculum plans which take into account the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To communicate effectively and build positive relationships with the children, parents, carers and families using the nursery
- To follow the safeguarding policy and procedures of the setting, ensuring the welfare and safety of the children is maintained and promoted at all times. Reporting any concerns to the appropriate senior member of staff as stated in the policy.
- To adhere to the confidentiality policy of the setting, ensuring at all times information regarding the children and their families is kept confidential
- To participate in regular supervision meetings and a yearly appraisal review with the manager
- To attend staff meetings and any required staff development training
- To ensure the nursery policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
Free tea and coffee
Training to be Provided:
• Level 3 Certificate in Early Years Education
• Functional Skills in Mathematics, English and ICT at Level 2
• Employee Rights and Responsibilities
12 - 18 months
Must have at least six months of childcare experience after having completed the 'Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce - England'. Please note this is mandatory.
* Full level 2 qualification in child care (ie Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce - England) together with at least six months of childcare experience after having completed the 'Level 2 Certificate for the Children and Young People's Workforce - England'.
* Grade C or 4 in Maths or English GCSE and at least grade D or 3 in the other subject (ie English or Maths).
Friendly, polite and reliable
Full time position or a chance to progress onto a higher level
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is GBP3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
Employment will be subject to DBS check. Own transport not needed as a 5 minute walk from station and on bus routes.