Customer Service Apprentice
Are you looking to start a career in logistics and want to work in an innovative environment where the atmosphere is harmonious and informal? Then this might be the job for you!
In 1906, Alfons Ewals founded our company with a horse, a cart and a lot of ambition. Over a century later, the 4th Ewals generation proudly carries on his legacy in our family company. Today, Ewals Cargo Care creates innovative logistics products for our customers and for the industry. We develop intelligent systems and processes, which we continuously develop to stay ahead of the curve and solve the latest challenges in logistics.
To expand our team at our Colchester office, we are looking for a Customer Service Apprentice.
In order to achieve further growth, we are searching for an Trainee who is keen to start a career in Transport and Logistics. The apprentice role will assist in Customer Services department in order to gain experience and a full understanding of current business activities.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Assisting the Customer Services desks
- Communicating with customers, colleague’s and 3rd parties via telephone and email
- Process of bookings via in house management system
- Preparation and distribution of documentation
- Dealing with queries
- General office duties
The successful applicant would not be expected to do all the above immediately and would receive training on each aspect in turn.
Would you like to work in an innovative and international environment where entrepreneurship and development are highly valued? And where you will be rewarded for your dedication and loyalty?
Mon - Fri 8:30 - 5:30 (1hr lunch) Total hours per week: 40.00
- Excellent computer skills.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- Professional telephone manner.
- Good organisation skills.
- Good communications skills
- Computer literate
- Ability to use own initiative
- If you do not have GCSE, or equivalents, maths and English we will support you to achieve Functional Skills.
For more than 100 years, Ewals Cargo Care has been providing the answer to your logistics requirements. With 1.600 employees in 12 countries, 3000 trailers and 400 trucks we arrange over 5.000 transports daily within Europe and further afield. Half of these are carried out using our intermodal Mega Huckepack fleet.
Training to be provided
- Level 2 in Customer Service
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT ( if needed)