Apprentice Warehouse Operative - Slinfold - GBP10,000 per annum
1 day left
An exciting opportunity to become a warehouse operative.
- Ensure workplace health and safety are met
- Ensuring all tasks are completed in a timely manner
- Ensure DG Awareness is followed at all times
- Comply fully with Security Awareness
- To receive and receipt all packages correctly onto computerised system
- To deal with drivers for collection and or delivery
- To pack parts ready for dispatch and enter details onto computerised system
- To pack parts in accordance with customer requirements
- To pick and label correct items ready for dispatch
- To action collections
- Respond to customers in an appropriate and timely manner
- Ensure workplace and surrounding areas are clean and tidy
- Inbox management proactively reply and action emails Ad hoc
- Forklift duties as required
- All job related duties deemed necessary by the Warehouse Manager, Head of Operations and Operations Director
Training to be Provided:
With support from Crawley College, the Apprentice will develop and maintain examples of their work to meet standard criteria within an electronic portfolio.
Attendance to maths and/or English sessions if applicable.
The option to attend behaviour workshops to cover key elements of the behaviours set out in the Standard is advisable.
After the completion of on programme training and in consultation with all relevant parties, when you are considered to have demonstrated the KSBs required of a competent Supply Chain Operative, their EPA will be booked. This must happen at least 12 months and 1 week into the Apprenticeship.
You cannot proceed through the gateway until the following elements have been achieved:
•Level 2 in Maths and English
* Basic IT skills
* Attention to detail
* Good time management skills
* Organised and methodical
GCSEs in English and Maths
•Previous Warehouse experience is highly desirable
•Basic IT skills
•Attention to detail
•Good time management skills
•Organised and methodical
•Flexible in moving between tasks and focused on organisational priorities
•Forklift license an advantage
Full time position after apprenticeship if candidate is successful - other opportunities across the business
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is GBP3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.
There is no public transport available, therefore, own transport (unless can car share) or the means to get to work yourself, free parking