The employer will be interviewing throughout the recruitment process so if you are interested in the role please make sure you submitt your application.
The key tasks will include:
- measuring work areas in order to lay down bricks
- mixing mortar
- using the mortar to lay bricks on top of each other
- cutting and shaping bricks
- working from plans
- repairing structures and bricks
The essential skills for the role include:
- maths skills for measuring the mixing the materials correctly
- attention to detail
- the ability to stand up for long periods of time and lift materials
- understanding the importance of health and safety
- the ability to work in a team
The essential personal qualities for the role include:
- keenness to work
- the ability to listen, watch, and learn
There are no essential qualifications; however, English and maths GCSEs (or equivalent) at grades A*-C/9-4 are desired.
The successful apprentice will be required to undergo an English and maths assessment before beginning the apprenticeship. This is to ensure that the course is right.
There is the opportunity for continuous employment on completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Site work is based outside and open to the elements.
You will be required to attend college, at the Eastbourne Campus, one day per week, during term time. In the holidays you will be required to go to the employer's unless you are on Annual Leave.