Hospitality is a dream job for many. Often what starts out as a part time job, becomes full time, because hospitality gets under your skin...in a great way. It is hard work, a commitment, a lifestyle, and it would be a lie to dress it up any other way, but for many it is a wonderful CAREER.
East Coast Concepts is no different BUT we're on a journey. One of excitement, progression and serious growth! So if you are looking to be part of something that's expanding rapidly, you're in exactly the right place. Victors is our immersive escapism to life in the Hamptons. Attention to detail, simple beauty and a sense of belonging is what keeps people wanting more, and you will too.
Enough about us, what we need from you is, a passion for the guest experience and an appetite for exceptional service that drives your dedication to never stop short. We don't accept ordinary or average, so you shouldn't either.
Wages per annum:
18-21 = £13,644.80
21- 22 = £17,388.80
23+ = £18,532.80
As you reach milestones within your syllabus and training you will receive a pay increase and when you've fully completed your course you will be moved on the benchmark salary for a Chef de Partie at East Coast Concepts.
Our promises are:
- 40 hours minimum per working week
- If you are great and you want to progress we can fulfil that desire as we are expanding rapidly
- 50% discount on food across the estate
- Access to our in-house mental health first aider and the use of a free mental health and wellbeing helpline
- After 6 months ECC experience, you will be paid to enjoy your birthday off
- After 3 years of ECC experience, you will earn 5 additional days of annual leave
- A very generous Refer a Friend scheme
If you want more reasons to work with us, then apply for the vacancy and find out!
We look forward to getting to know you.
- Build sales by promoting customer satisfaction, through delivering high quality food at all times.
- Ensure food is prepared and served according to company specification with reference to times, temperatures, ingredients and presentations
- Ensure correct portion control and minimum wastage in the handling of raw materials, in order to assist the head chef or kitchen supervisor in maintaining and improving the gross profits.
- Use opening and closing checklist to ensure all the tasks are covered.
- Assist as directed in the preparation and service of food in any section of the kitchen.
- Clean as you go, before, during and after service to maintain high levels of hygiene and cleanliness standards within the site, including working on pot wash as and when required.
- Control the use and maintenance of all kitchen equipment and utensils and report any shortages of equipment to the General manager.
- Ensure all duties are completed and handover fully before leaving at the end of your shift.
- Make recommendation to improve standards and service within the site.
- Work with all other team members and colleagues, create a successful and positive team which benefits the site's performance, and the working conditions.
- Follow the kitchen cleaning schedule.
- Receive and check deliveries against the order and ensure the correct storage of all items.
- Control the storage rotation of all food items to minimize food wastage.
- You are responsible for the security and control of all stock, including any stock losses.
- Record wastage as soon as it happens
- Record all transfers between departments
LEGAL AND COMPANY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Understand and follow all requirements specific to your venue related to fire safety, evacuation procedures and health and safety.
- Understand and follow appropriate sections of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974.
- Understand and follow COSHH regulations.
- Understand and follow appropriate sections of the Food Safety Regulations.
- Ensure you attend any training courses when instructed
- Always adhere to company standards as laid out in the Company Manuals
- Ensure that you have excellent personal hygiene standards and adhere to all company standards relating to appearance and uniform.
- Ensure your uniform is clean and pressed every shift.
- Always arrive promptly at the beginning of your shift in full uniform.
- Adhere to all company requirements as set out in the staff handbook.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably required
Training to be provided:
Production Chef L2 Apprenticeship
Functional skills in Maths and English