During this 15 month Apprenticeship programme, in addition to attending learning sessions part time, you will gain hands on experience by assisting the Customer Service Team in many areas including handling day-to-day customer enquiries and liaising with other departments/suppliers to meet customer requirements.
A competitive Apprenticeship starting salary of £15,000 per year is offered, with an incremental increase as you progress through your training. You will also receive the support of course tutors from Lifetime Training, workplace coaches and mentors to help you along the way and enable you to develop your skills and potential.
- To be accountable for own health and safety whilst at work, operating in line with company procedures to enable a safe working environment.
- Process new and repeat customer orders within defined lead dates and agreed customer service level agreements.
- Analyse customer forecasts and forward plan stock replenishment orders to meet pending demand.
- Acknowledge customer complaints and report dissatisfaction/failures in line with procedures.
- Build strong relations with customers, gaining insight to their business.
- Work with the team and other colleagues within the company to improve both team and cross-departmental relations, flexibility and efficiency.
- Ensure all documentation and records (such as price lists, customer records and account notes) relating to each customer account are accurate and reflective of current working practices.
As well as ongoing training and development to help you excel in your career, you will also receive:
- A competitive salary
- Pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Income protection
- 25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
At DS Smith, you will be working towards the Customer Service Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard over 15 months.