- Work with the network manager supporting installation and maintenance of computer hardware and software.
- Maintain a comprehensive list of all support requests and keep tickets to a manageable level on whichever system the school is using (at this time Spiceworks).
- Ensure dedicated ICT areas are ready for use each day and that they are in good workingorder at the end of each day.
- Check hardware regularly, repairing simple faults or escalating more complicated faults to the Network Manager.
- Support teaching staff/pupils in technical aspects of ICT when requested in line with the school’s policies.
- Support compliance of school policies, including those relating to safeguarding and internet usage, GDPR and Information Management (including data transfer) and report any concerns.
As well as assist in the management and design of “Digital Displays” throughout the school.
Individuals in this role may also undertake some or all of the following:
- Design and publish artwork for publications for the school.
- Update the school website as requested ensuring data is current and compliant.
- Provide bespoke ICT training for staff and pupils.
- Check and report stocks of toner to the Network Manager.
This job description is not exhaustive and subject to review by the Network Manager or Headteacher in consultation with the post holder as appropriate to the changing needs of the school or anticipates changes in the job commensurate with the grade and job title.