Warehouse Customer Service Apprentice - GBP168.75 pw - Horsham
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Apprentices role is to assist in the running of the warehouse, including collections, deliveries and the removal assistance.
Over a twelve to fifteen month period Apprentices will be working towards an NVQ level 2 in Customer Service and will need to ensure that they complete all work that is set by the college in a timely manner.
* Receive all goods from customers and ensure sorting is carried out correctly.
* Ensure that good customer service is used at all times.
* Providing direction for and taking responsibility for the safety of other staff making collections or deliveries
* Transporting all goods safely and carefully, ensuring the van is packed correctly and all goods are properly secured.
* Acting as the representative of Horsham Matters when delivering to or collecting from customers in their own homes
* Taking collection charges where appropriate and providing the customer with a receipt.
* Helping maintain the warehouse environment in a clean tidy fashion
* Follow all recycling procedures and ensure that others do the same
* Ensuring all fire exits and escape routes are kept free from obstruction
* Developing a good knowledge of the shop requirements and availability of stock
* Adhering to the security and Health and Safety procedures
* Adhering to the Horsham Matters Code of Practice
* Being vigilant to help minimise stock loss
* Working as part of the Logistics team
Training to be Provided:
•Communicating using customer service language
•Follow the rules to deliver customer service
•Deal with incoming telephone calls from customers
•Maintain customer service through effective hand over
•Deliver customer service to difficult customers
•Develop your own and others customer service skills
Willing and able to visit customers in their own homes to collect and deliver furniture and provide good customer service. Physically fit
GCSE Maths and English grade C/4 preferred but not essential.
Friendly, polite and reliable
Assistance to find work once apprenticeship is completed.
Other Important Information:
All applications must be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer direct as this may result in your application not being considered. The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is GBP3.70 per hour effective from 1st April 2018. This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies.