Start Date: 26th September 2022
Duration of Apprenticeship: 18 months fixed term contract
We are looking for a well organised and highly motivated apprentice who is interested in assisting with organising the business change workload within the Investment Data & Reporting Services (“DRS”) team.
The successful applicant will be supporting the Operational Readiness team in maintaining the business change workload log to ensure the team understand new business initiatives impacting the team and to help prioritise workloads. Working with the team you will also help produce business requirements documents.
The apprentice will also have an opportunity to learn more about the role of the DRS team.
The DRS team are responsible for the sourcing, assurance and distribution of data, related to financial instruments that M&G invests in on behalf of its clients. This data is used by our investment teams to trade and manage the assets in our funds, and is distributed to our clients to inform them of their investments in M&G.
The DRS team have an important role in the majority of new business initiatives as data is key in our industry. The Operational Readiness team is part of the DRS team, and is responsible for ensuring we are informed of, and understand all new business initiatives so that we can support the business in its data requirements.
The Operational Readiness teamwork with the different parts of the DRS team to gather requirements and determine if we can support the new business initiatives, or whether we require support and development from other parts of the company. We help prioritise the work in the team.
The daily duties of this role may include:
- Updating and maintaining the new initiatives work log with new information received
- Producing reporting on the new initiatives work log to highlight upcoming deadlines, priorities, resource impacts
- Collaborating with other teams in DRS to understand their role and how it impacts the Operational Readiness team
- Helping to answer queries from the business on new initiatives
- Providing ad hoc support to wider team as and when required
As a Junior Business Analyst Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 4 Business Analyst Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
As a minimum, candidate will have either 5 GCSEs with Maths and English grades 4+ or 2 A levels with good grades in Maths and English at GCSE.
Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Structured approach to work and very well organised
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- A proactive team player who is confident about working with others but also independently and can promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required
- Willingness to learn and apply the knowledge gained to the role
- Good listening skills
We are looking for a confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in the financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
email@example.com or 01612446383