Start Date: 26th September 2022
Duration of Apprenticeship: 18 months fixed term contract
We are looking for a highly motivated apprentice who is interested in helping with the fund and business operations of the Restructuring and Debt Solutions Team.
The successful applicant will support the day to day running of the funds managed by the team and assist in operational transformation projects that support our growing business. There will also be an opportunity to support client relationship activities.
The apprentice will have an opportunity to learn more about private debt and special situations investing, and the financial markets more generally.
The Restructuring and Debt Solutions Team (RADS) supports the wider M&G business with leading the restructuring and turnaround of distressed investments. It also manages a number of funds aimed at investing into high return strategies based on businesses in a growth or turnaround phase.
The RADS team is made up of people from a variety of professional backgrounds, including investment personnel and those on the Business side of the team who are skilled in the administration of funds and the operation of business processes, as well as client relations.
The apprentice will primarily assist the Business side, whose primary goal is to ensure the smooth running of fund operations, providing key data and reporting on such funds, launching new funds and products, and ensuring healthy relationships with our clients and the wider M&G organisation.
Your daily duties may include:
- Assisting with the execution of trades in connection with the management of the funds through relevant internal systems
- Assisting in the management of FX and cash in the funds through calculation of appropriate levels based on fund needs and liaising with fund managers on desired levels
- Assisting with the process of valuing assets in the funds, including liaising with investment analysts and the M&G Fair Value Committee
- Liaising with fund auditors to ensure accurate reporting and compliance with relevant regulations
- The preparation of periodic data and reporting on the funds for internal and external stakeholders, including to the fund boards of directors
- Supporting senior team members with projects aimed at improving the efficiency and quality of fund and business operations
- Assisting the preparation of marketing material for new business opportunities and existing clients
- Assisting with fund launches, fund terminations and updates of existing fund structures
- Liaising with finance in relation to fund payments
- Providing ad hoc support to wider team as and when required
- You will also get exposure to a number of different projects and initiatives within the team, and the chance to participate and contribute in regular team meetings.
As a Junior Investment Analyst Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist (IOS) Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have 3 A levels with at least a grade B in Maths and English GCSE.
Alternatively, you will have at least 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Structured approach to work and very well organised
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good numerical skills
- A proactive team player who is confident about working with others but also independently and can promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- Ability to formulate own opinions by thinking analytically about problems
- Empathy and good listening skills
We are looking for a confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in technology and /or financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and analytical nature and be curious.
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01612446383