Start Date: 26th September 2022
Duration of Apprenticeship: 18 months fixed term contract
We are looking for an analytically-focused apprentice with good communication skills to join the growing Product Development Team responsible for public assets across all asset classes (equity, multi-asset and bonds) and to help deliver the business goals for the M&G fund range while keeping the investor at the heart of the process.
This is a great opportunity to support the product managers in respect of new product development and the ongoing management of the fund range with a focus on specific asset classes as required.
The Public Assets Product Development team sits within M&G Group and is responsible for ongoing development and management of the Public Assets fund ranges, covering over £70 bn in assets under management.
Your daily duties may include:
- New Product Development; supporting the development of ideas from concept stage through to completion of feasibility, development of project proposal and business approvals;
- Existing Product Management; supporting ongoing, proactive management of existing product set to ensure it remains fully fit for purpose in terms of customers’ expectations, pricing, profitability and the prevailing regulatory environment.
- Support the development of ideas from concept stage through to completion of feasibility and project proposal and business approvals;
- Work with a variety of stakeholders including Investment teams, Distribution channels, Compliance, Risk and Finance to ensure product initiatives fit with the overall business plan;
- Support the evaluation of a range of potential solutions considering the impact for customers, costs and risks;
- Support the production of feasibility studies (which are draft project proposal documents) to a high quality;
- Support implementation projects and the provision of product support to the business generally through attending project working group meetings, drafting product specifications, dealing with ad-hoc project queries, and supporting the drafting of fund documentation and investor communication materials;
- Support in ensuring all product activities are conducted in a compliant manner that places the end investor at the heart of all decision making;
- All round support for key meetings and processes in the product governance process;
- Develop knowledge on market and consumer trends and regulation
As a Junior Product Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the L4 Associate Project Manager Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
As a minimum, candidate will have 5 GCSEs with Maths and English grades 4+ or 2 A levels with good grades in Maths and English (A-C).
Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Good knowledge of desktop tools including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Highly self-motivated, with strong ability to work under own initiative
- Analytical and conceptual thinking; ability to form own opinions by thinking analytically about problems
- Drive to learn and ability to deliver towards set deadlines
We are looking for a motivated and confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in the financial services industry.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team or individually.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and analytical nature and be curious and keen to learn and develop.
Desirable (but not essential)
- Basic understanding and interest in the UK and European financial services markets
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
email@example.com or 01612446383