Start Date: 26th September 2022
Duration of Apprenticeship: 15 months fixed term contract
We are seeking a highly motivated and focused Client Relations Apprentice who is interested in working in the Client team in M&G’s Private and Alternative Assets business (P&AA).
The successful applicant will provide client service and business development support to M&G’s P&AA business whilst gaining a broad practical introduction to a thriving investment management business, working with a wide range of clients and internal stakeholders.
The P&AA Client team is a dynamic, diverse and energetic team that focuses on the development and maintenance of relationships with our investors. The team works closely with the investment and sales teams in particular to deliver excellent service to our existing investors and support the growth of new business. M&G P&AA manages assets of £72 billion on behalf of a wide range of UK and international clients, and spans a variety of asset classes ranging from long lease property to leverage finance and infrastructure debt.
As an apprentice in this team you will be contributing to a range of business presentations and reports and responding to client queries.
Your daily duties will include:
- Producing presentations for new business opportunities and existing clients
- Assisting with the production of investor questionnaires
- Putting together proposals information for new business opportunities
- Responding to investor queries
- Assisting with management information reports
- Coordinating meetings and actions tracking
- Providing ad hoc support to wider team as and when required
- You will also get exposure to a number of different projects and initiatives within the team
We are looking for a highly motivated apprentice who enjoys working as part of a team to solve problems and deliver excellent client service.
M&G has been at the forefront of developing private market investment in the UK and beyond for decades, this is a unique and exciting opportunity to join a market leading team.
As a Client Relations Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses.
As a minimum, candidate will have 3 A levels with at least a grade B in Maths and English GCSE.
Alternatively, you will have at least 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- Empathy and good listening skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong numerical skills
- Problem-solving skills abilities coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- Structured approach to work and well organised
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Good understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Desire to work in a diverse team, ability to build long term relationships with colleagues and clients
- A proactive team player who is confident about working with others, but also independently and can promptly escalate any issues
- Ability to work remotely where required
We are looking for a confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in the investment management industry and financial services.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and curious nature and genuinely like working with a wide variety of people and projects.
This is a fixed term contract for 15 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01612446383