Start Date: 26/09/2022
Duration of Apprenticeship: 13 months fixed term contract
We are looking for highly motivated apprentice who has a passion for problem solving and data. Someone who is looking to develop their skills in data analysis, data engineering, data visualisation and story-telling.
The successful applicant will support both the Data Engineering & Analytics and Management Information (MI) & Reporting teams. You will learn how to create datasets, analyse and visualise them, along with how to define and capture business requirements and translate them into tangible outputs. You will also help to collate documentation at both the technical and end user level.
Working with many teams, you will help provide insights which contribute to optimising the delivery of good outcomes for our customers and drive operational efficiency as well as identify areas for potential improvement.
You’ll be joining the Heritage, Customer Services, Operational Planning team, spending time across both the Management Information & Reporting team and the Data Engineering and Analytics team. Our teams support the provision of data, analysis, reporting and operational tools for the Heritage business unit. This data is used to monitor our operational performance and support the transformation of our Customer Service operations across over 2.7m customers and 3.5m policies.
The MI & Reporting team is responsible for the provision of all executive level, operational performance and regulatory reporting as well as providing tools to support our day to day operational teams.
The Data Engineering & Analytics team is responsible for sourcing and curating datasets to facilitate the provision of tools, reporting and analysis, as well as performing investigatory and ad-hoc analysis on the data itself.
Your daily duties may include:
- Liaising with colleagues across the business to find new data and understand business processes
- Capturing and documenting business requirements and translating those into outcomes
- Assisting in the creation of data engineering process called Extraction, Transformation and Load (ETL)
- Assisting in the analysis of data
- Helping to create reports and analysis outputs
- Helping the team in creating technical and non-technical documentation for our processes and outputs
- Helping the team in answering internal and external queries on data and outputs
- Providing ad hoc support to wider team as and when required
- You will also get exposure to a number of different projects and initiatives within the team, and the chance to participate and contribute to regular team meetings
As a Junior Data Analyst Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administration Modern Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have 5 National 5s with Maths and English grades (A-C) or 2 Highers with good grades in Maths and English.
Alternatively 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Structured approach to work and very well organised
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good numerical and problem-solving skills
- A proactive, self-starter who is confident about working with others as part of a team but also independently. Is able to promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- Ability to formulate own opinions by thinking analytically about problems
We are looking for confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in data analysis.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally be inquisitive and curious.
Desirable (not essential)
- Basic understanding of SQL, or any other programming language (such as Python)
This is a fixed term contract for 13 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
email@example.com or 01612446383