Start Date: 26/09/2022
Duration of Apprenticeship: 13 months fixed term contract
We are looking for a highly motivated apprentice who is interested in joining the Project Management Office Team to help with the day to day management of projects. The role will centre around reviewing, analysing and reporting on the progress and performance of our projects at M&G group.
The successful applicant will support the day to day running of our projects, including cost management, reporting and key project management standards, such as project risks, project dependencies and project milestones.
The apprentice will also have an opportunity to learn more about the project management principles and tools used at M&G group.
Wealth Transformation business sits within M&G Wealth, part of the M&G group and is responsible for delivering the change or project activity to support M&G Wealth objectives.
The Project Management Office (PMO) sits within Wealth Transformation team. The team contributes to the success of projects by supporting the Change Leads with project governance, financial management and reporting, having strong relationships across the project teams, getting information to the right colleagues under tight deadlines to enable informed and timely decisions.
Your daily duties may include:
- Supporting with governance related tasks e.g. reviewing and sense checking risks, dependencies and milestone projects
- Be involved in financial tasks, such as raising payments on our financial systems to pay suppliers
- Helping the team with reporting to our colleagues in the central Transformation Office and to M&G Wealth leadership
- Helping the team in answering queries on projects
- Providing ad hoc support to wider team as and when required
- You will also get exposure to a number of different projects and initiatives within the team, and the chance to participate and contribute in regular team meetings.
As a Project Support Analyst Apprentice with BPP, you will undertake the Business Administration Modern Apprenticeship. The apprenticeship will be delivered through a blend of live online learning, pre-recorded lectures, and face to face inductions and masterclasses
As a minimum, candidate will have 5 National 5s with Maths and English grades (A-C) or 2 Highers with good grades in Maths and English at National 5s (A-C).
Alternatively, you will have 2 years of work experience in financial services industry or customer services.
Personal Qualities & Skills:
- Good and confident communication skills, both written and verbal
- High level of accuracy and good attention to detail
- Structured approach to work and very well organised. Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Basic understanding of the MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good numerical skills
- A proactive team player who is confident about working with others but also independently and can promptly escalate any issue and work remotely where required
- Logical and analytical approach coupled with intelligence, passion and a drive to learn
- Ability to formulate own opinions by thinking analytically about problems
- Empathy and good listening skills
We are looking for confident individual with a positive outlook, can-do attitude and aspiration to want to progress.
The successful applicant will have strong desire to learn and a genuine interest in project management.
Applicants who succeed with us are self-motivated, capable of building and maintaining relationships and work effectively as part of a team.
The applicant would ideally have an inquisitive and analytical nature and be curious.
This is a fixed term contract for 13 months upon which the business may decide to retain, subject to the Apprentice performance, headcount and available funding. If recruited into a permanent role, the individual will follow the career progression applicable to the specific role/department.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 01612446383