At Lord Butler Fitness and Leisure you will assist the Duty Manager in all facility activities in accordance with Company systems and procedures.
1. To promote quality customer care at all times, dealing with minor complaints and reporting serious complaints to the Duty Manager.
2. To check the safety of equipment and to report any damage or malfunction of equipment, plant or building fabric to the Duty Manager immediately after discovery.
3. To assist in the preparation and operation of activities, including the assembly and dismantling of equipment and minor repairs when required.
4. To ensure the health and safety of customers at all times.
5. To ensure all cleaning duties are carried out as prescribed by the Duty Manager.
6. To attend regular staff training sessions as set out in the Centre's procedures.
7. To ensure that lost property is handled and recorded in line with Company Procedures.
8. To patrol all areas of the Centre and ensure facilities are being used in the correct manner, making suitable adjustments as necessary.
9. To assist the Duty Manager in maintaining storage areas in a clean and tidy condition and in accordance with store plans.
10. To observe the Company's Health & Safety Policies in accordance with the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974 and to take necessary action in any situation likely to cause accident/injury and/or to render the buildings, structures, plant or equipment unsafe.
11. To understand and be fully conversant with the Emergency Evacuation Procedure for the building as detailed in the Health and Safety Manual.
12. To assist in the opening and securing of the premises each day and in the security of the building at all times.
13. To provide information and assistance to customers wherever possible.
14. To complete general administrative tasks relating to the Centre's operation as they relate to the duties of the post.
15. To undertake all duties in accordance with the operational manual as they relate to the post.
16. To carry out tasks and responsibilities according to the designated area of work Issued to you by the Duty Manager.
17. To be aware of general pool conditions i.e. water clarity and odour and report any deviances from the norm to the Duty Manager.
18. In the absence of the Duty Manager, to monitor the number of swimmers in the pool at any one time and where numbers exceed the specified limits advise the Duty Manager.
19. To comply with the Normal Operating Procedure of the site at all times.
20. To carry out tasks and responsibilities according to the designated area of work Issued to you by the Duty Manager.
As an apprentice with 1Life - Lord Butler Fitness and Leisure - Uttlesford you will be studying towards a 12-18 months qualification that will be the Level 2 Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship".