Cyberspace Communication Specialist (ICT) - FULL TIME CAREER WITH APPRENTICESHIP
A career in the Royal Airforce (RAF) is no ordinary job. You will face exciting challenges, learn new skills and potentially travel the world all whilst helping police the sky, keeping the UK safe.
The RAF relies upon a complex network of communication, radar and information systems around the world. As a Cyberspace Communication Specialist (ICT) you will be responsible for maintaining and repairing these systems.
Pay during training
Pay after training
Qualifications you need
- At least a GCSE Grade C or equivalent in Mathematics and English language
- SCE Standard Grade 2/Scottish National 5 in Mathematics and English
A GCSE Grade C or equivalent in an approved science/technology based subject is desirable but not a necessity. You can see the full list of approved science and technology subjects at raf.mod.uk/recruitment.
16-29 (must attest before 30th birthday)
Other entry requirements;
You must be a UK citizen or holder of dual UK/other nationality
Whether or not you were born in the UK, you should have resided there for 5 years immediately preceding your application
As an Apprentice Cyberspace Communication Specialist you will receive training at the Number 1 Radio School, DSCIS Cosford, a first-class training establishment that is both a Microsoft and CISCO Accredited Training Academy. You will gain these qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills in Information and Communication Technology
On successful completion of your qualifications you will embark on an exciting and varied career!
For more information about the role and details of our application process, visit the RAF Recruitment website. To be directed straight to our site Click 'Apply Now'.