● Interact with the public responsibly (whether, Sports Centre Members, pupils or staff) promoting a positive image of the facility and Clifton College swimming pool, by the provision of high-quality customer service.
● Comply with the Pool Safety Operating Procedure (PSOP) at all times.
● Maintain a vigilant watch of the swimming pool areas in accordance with the PSOP and take necessary action to ensure the safety of all pool users and staff where necessary.
● Attend monthly Lifeguard training sessions to ensure ongoing personal development and compliance of the requirements of both the Health and Safety Executive recommendations and Clifton College's set policies and procedures.
● Check the safety of equipment in areas of responsibility in-line with daily procedures and report any damage or malfunction of equipment to the Duty Manager.
● Assist in maintaining a clean and safe working environment.
● Assist in the completion of opening and closing procedures for the facilities when required and assist in monitoring the security of the premises at all times.
● Assist in the preparation and operation of pool swimming sessions, including the safe set-up, removal and tidy storage of equipment.
● Report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately, especially those regarding security, safeguarding, welfare as well as health and safety.
● Assist the Duty Manager with any tasks involved in the operation of the facility.
● Undertake any recommended suggested training requirements.
● Supervise the security and safety of all facility users ensuring their enjoyment in all areas of the facility and carry out interventions and rescues as required.
● Supervise the Sports Centre front desk as and when required.
● The post holder may be required to take on the role of Duty Manager as required, managing the operation of the Sports Centre and assuming responsibility for the health & safety of all individuals on the premises.
● The post holder may be required from time to time to undertake other duties within the Sports Centre as may be reasonably expected, without changing the general character of the duties or level of responsibility entailed.
● Adhere to the College's health and safety policy and all associated requirements, to help ensure your safety, as well as the safety of those affected by what you do, or fail to do.
● Other reasonable duties as required.