Dorking Leisure Centre is looking to recruit a Full Time Leisure Attendant/Lifeguard. In this role you will be required to supervise the pool ensuring the safety of its users whilst assisting the Duty Manager with the day to day running of the building. You will also be organised and self-motivated. Part of the role will be to undertake a National Vocational Qualifications 'Leisure Team Member' level2 which is a great introduction to a career in leisure whilst gaining an industry recognised qualification.
1. To support and contribute to the company's mission statement - 'To create active places and healthy people'.
2. To ensure the comfort and safety of all users of the Centre.
3. To maintain vigilant supervision of pool users and always ensure their safety.
4. To administer first aid, effect pool rescues and apply resuscitation, as necessary.
5. To always comply with the Centre's Health and Safety procedures.
6. To deal with customers in a friendly and professional manner.
7. To report any matter of concern to the Duty Manager immediately.
8. To carry out cleaning duties, as necessary.
9. To always wear the prescribed staff uniform.
10. To carry out patrols of the Centre.
11. To prepare activity areas involving the setting up/dismantling of equipment.
12. To ensure that all Centre equipment is stored safely and securely when not in use.
13. To report any maintenance issues using the appropriate procedures.
14. To assist the Duty Manager with any tasks involved in the operation of the Centre.
15. To maintain any suggested training requirements.
What your apprenticeship will offer:
- You'll work towards a Level 2 Leisure Team Member Apprenticeship - which is equivalent to 5 GCSES!
- You'll receive day to day training at work and a blended social learning experience for your qualification. This will be delivered on a 121 basis in your workplace by one of our expert coaches every 4-6 weeks via face-to-face visits or remotely over telephone or Microsoft Teams.
- The apprenticeship is a structured, learner and employer focused development programme designed to create opportunities for lifelong knowledge, skills, and behaviours.
At Dorking Sports Centre you'll be working towards your Leisure Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship over the course of 15 months.