Independent and owner-managed, this boutique private fund placement business is based in London and operates globally. Their team is well established in advising clients in raising private equity and wider alternatives funds.
This Principal / VP will be a critical, senior member of the team, predominantly focussed on covering LPs in Europe and the US. This will involve:
- The sell-side distribution, or 'placement', of funds through developing a network of close relationships with institutional investors (Limited Partners / 'LPs').
- Establishing and maintaining ongoing dialogue with their investor book through regular calls and meetings in order to constantly monitor investment strategies and appetites.
- During 'live' fundraises, this professional will convene roadshows for client funds to meet relevant LPs in their investor base and support the investment decision and commitment process from initial introductions, due diligence, negotiations through to final closing;
- Within the distribution team, this person will take on and develop particular responsibility for managing the institutional investor markets and developing clients in multiple regions.
Candidates will ideally have at least four to five years' experience in private fund placement, preceded by a career foundation likely in banking, consulting or in a comparable sales domain. The following specific experience, competencies and characteristics will suit this position:
- Particular current exposure to private equity or other alternative asset classes;
- An innate commercial focus, supported by excellent marketing and communication skills;
- A strong balance of analytical thinking and relationship-management traits;
- Motivation to work in a boutique structure;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, crucially in English;
- Additional European language capacity would be desirable;
- US FINRA Series 7 license would be an additional plus.