The engineering apprenticeship programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive practical on-the-job training, as well as in university study, while in full-time employment.
Throughout this apprenticeship, you will be given full support and training. As part of this unique and varied role, the successful candidate will gain knowledge in process and product engineering.
Whilst gaining a wide knowledge of the engineering principles, within the process team the post holder will learn how to read and understand technical engineering drawings to design appropriate processes for product manufacture. They will then also learn how to programme specific equipment to achieve the desired results.
The Engineering Apprenticeship Schemeconsists of the following placements in the engineering teams:
- Quality Engineering
- Process Engineering
- Product Engineering
- New Product Introduction
- Tooling Engineering (CAD)
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong organisational skills and self-motivated.
- A keen interest in engineering.
- Works well as a team member and builds effective working relationships with all levels.
- Attention to detail - go the extra mile and not settle for "good enough".
- Interest in career development and training within the workplace.
- GCSE (or equivalent) mathematics and English language at grade C or grade 4, or above - plus one of the following
- 112 UCAS points including at least 64 points from two A levels or equivalent BTEC National qualifications, including mathematics or a mathematics-based subject to at least AS level
- For example: BBC at A Level including mathematics or a mathematics-based subject plus at least one other from physics, physical science, engineering science, computer science, technology, chemistry or other science or technology subject
- DMM in BTEC Extended Diploma in a science or technology-based subject (including passes in mathematics and two other science or technology-based modules)
- A combination of qualifications which must include mathematics or a mathematics-based subject and may include AS levels, EPQ and general studies GCSE
- Please note, applications are also welcome from those who are currently studying A Levels and have predicted grades
- Our apprenticeship programme is designed to enable us to recruit to a career path and to a specific end role
- Details of career paths and options will be shared with each apprentice by the company mentor
- For applicants with the right attitude the opportunities for progression and increase earnings potential are real
- During the apprenticeship, apprentices will have opportunities to increase their earnings at 3 stages whilst meeting work and university objectives
- Salary progression to £22,000 (Year 2) and £26,000 (Year 3)
The stages will be as below:
Things to consider
- Stage 1 (starting salary) £18000
- Stage 2 £22000
- Stage 3 £26000
You will also be part of the TST culture which offers-
Private health care scheme:
- Mental health support- including free counselling sessions
- Dental; reimbursement of dental work from an annual allowance, option to pay to upgrade cover
- Free eye tests and reimbursement on glasses from annual allowance.
- Bike to work scheme.
- Enhanced Holiday entitlement related to length of service.
- Free on- site parking with electric vehicle charging points.
- Opportunity to be a part of production related bonus scheme.
- Refer a friend reward scheme.
- Day off work for your birthday.