A Technician Scientist in Cell & Gene Therapy will perform a variety of scientific experimentation, analytical testing, and laboratory investigations across the Research, Development and Manufacture of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs). They will use specialised technical skills and advanced scientific techniques following procedures associated with their organisations operational plans to deliver as part of a wider professional team. They operate within a highly regulated environment because of the need to control quality and safety of Advanced Therapies and use their awareness of the research context to contribute to the proposal of new scientific ideas.
The Technician Scientist apprenticeship will train individuals as Scientists or Biotechnologists in the following functions
· Platform Research
· Process Research & Development.
The Technician Scientist in Cell & Gene Therapy will be performing scientific experimentation, and laboratory investigations across the Research & Development of Advanced Therapy Medicinal Products (ATMPs). They will use specialised technical skills and advanced scientific techniques following procedures associated with their organisations operational plans to deliver as part of a wider professional team. They operate within a highly regulated environment because of the need to control quality and safety of Advanced Therapies and use their awareness of the research context to contribute to the proposal of new scientific ideas.
Responsibilities may include:
· Reporting results and the accurate recording of technical data in accordance with good practice and approved Standard Operating Procedures.
· Operating highly technical equipment, including but not limited to analytical instruments, automation, bioreactors, biological incubators, laminar air flow cabinets, centrifuges and cryogenic storage vessels.
· Communicating with a wide range of scientific and non-scientific colleagues within the organisation such as Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Analytical Services, Manufacturing, MSAT, Process Research & Development and laboratory teams as required.
· An Apprentice within OXB will be trained to perform a range of procedures to support the development, manufacturing or testing of the products produced by OXB. The Apprentice will also engage in the day-to-day running of the laboratories or manufacturing suites including controlled temperature monitoring, instrument calibration, control verification, scheduled cleaning and participate in continuous improvement activities, enabling OXB to improve its systems and procedures
Requirements and prospects
· Reliability, integrity and respect of confidentiality on work related and personal matters
· Responsibility for your work and accountability for the impact of your work on others
· Positive attitude, growth mind-set and a commitment to develop within a growing regulated industry
· Ability to read, understand and follow detailed instructions to complete tasks accordingly
· Ability to manage time effectively, being able to plan and complete work to schedule
· Evidence of autonomy and ability to work effectively as part of a wider team
· Strong motivation to work in the industry of Advanced Therapies
You should possess a minimum of 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) - grades A - C including Science, Maths and English.
For entry to the Technician Scientist (Level 5) apprenticeship you must have a total of 80 UCAS points including preferably a B in A-Level Biology or equivalent. Alternative experience and qualifications will be considered.
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will be able to apply for further positions.
Things to consider
The apprentice must be able to demonstrate the required attitudes, behaviours and interpersonal skills associated with the professional workplace. The apprentice must be willing to commit an amount of personal time to study.
Please note that apprentices may have to work Bank Holidays, but they will receive payment for this in addition to their basic salary.
Please ensure you check out travel options to be able to commute to the workplace. See the following website: http//www.transportdirect.info All applications to be made through Apprenticeship vacancies. Do not contact the employer.