Bank hours when available Monday to Sunday from either morning, midday, evening
Flexible to work mornings and evenings
Undertake a range of cleaning duties within the Hospital Premises.
Flexible to cover sites across Carlisle
Each site has various start time and finish times. 6am will be the earliest start time and 8pm will be the latest finish time.Main duties of the job
- Collect linen stores as required.
- Comply with infection prevention and control procedures at all times.
- Comply with responsibility to safeguard children and vulnerable Vacuum carpets, ensuring cleanliness.
- Carry out damp dusting of furniture and fittings and at high and low levels.
- Mop floor areas and maintain floors using electrical equipment when necessary.
- Check electrical equipment is in good condition and currently PAT tested.
- Clean toilets, baths and washbasins.
- Empty all bins and dispose of waste appropriately, ensuring waste management regulations are followed.
- Clean equipment after use.
- Assist with ward or departmental duties as appropriate.
- Undertake first wipe cleaning of bodily fluids as required
- Guard against the potential risk associated with needle stick injuries, especially in toilet areas.
- Wear uniform and protective clothing provided, as instructed.
- Make beds as requested.
- adults, ensuring attendance at appropriate training.
At NCIC, we have an ambition to deliver outstanding hospital and health services to half a million people. Established on 1st October 2019, the Trust is creating a centre of excellence in providing rural and remote healthcare and provides a wide range of community and acute services throughout north Cumbria and beyond. We're responsible for delivering over 70 services across 15 main locations and we employ more than 6,500 members of staff.
Our 5 key principles demonstrate our belief in the delivery of 'safe, high quality care every time'.
- Being a clinically led organisation
- Quality and safety at the heart
- A positive patient experience every time
- A great place to work
- Managing our money well
As an organisation we are serious about supporting a diverse workforce that reflects our local community and are very much focused on being an inclusive and compassionate place to workJob descriptionJob responsibilities
Please see attached Job description and person specification for further information regarding the role and the essential and desirable criteria required to be met by applicants.
Relocation assistance may be available for successful applicants moving to the region for certain posts. Please see our policy for eligible vacancies?
- Please ensure that you document evidence of meeting all the essential criteria in the supporting information.
- If sufficient response is received this post could be closed earlier than the specified closing date, please apply as soon as possible to ensure that your application is considered.
Candidates who have been successfully shortlisted for interview will be asked via an email notification to log on to their Trac account to select an interview time. This will usually be within 2 weeks of the closing date.
For candidates applying using a Hotmail account or have strict firewall settings please ensure the following:
Disclosure and Barring Service:
- Junk Mail is checked regularly
On 28 November 2020, the new Disclosure and Barring Service filtering rules will come into effect.
The changes mean that:
- youth cautions, reprimands and final warnings will no longer be subject to automatic disclosure
- the multiple conviction rule has been removed, meaning that if an individual has more than one conviction, regardless of offence type or time passed, each conviction will be considered against the remaining rules individually, rather than being automatically disclosed.
If you are unsure about whether you need to disclose certain criminal record information, free confidential advice may be sought from one of the charity bodies listed below. These bodies can advise you on what you are legally required to declare and may also be able to advise you on how you can disclose criminal record information to a prospective employer and your legal rights when doing so.
Nacro Tel: 0300 123 1999, or email: email@example.com
Unlock Tel: 01634 247350, email
firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the
online form on the Unlock website
The Trust is committed to safeguarding adults and children therefore if the post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (ROA) 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended) the successful candidate(s) will be subject to a criminal records check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS). The cost of the DBS must be met by the successful candidate(s) through salary deduction. DBS charges are as follows if applicable to the post:
Standard Check: £18 + Administration cost of £3.85 = £21.85. Deducted at £6.85 from 1st month salary and £5 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
Enhanced Check: £38 + administration cost of £3.90 = £41.90. Deducted at £11.90 from 1st month salary and £10 deducted from salary over following 3 months.
As part of the one of the largest employers in the UK NCIC future employees will have also access to the following benefits.
A lease car may be available for this position; further details will be provided upon appointment if applicable.
27 day holiday scheme rising to 33 after 10 years
Flexible working Scheme
Excellent opportunities for development
Competitive NHS Pension scheme
Access to NHS discounts with retailers and leisure companies
EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) a free, confidential counselling and information service to assist with personal or work-related problems
These schemes are subject to availabilityPerson SpecificationQualificationsEssential
- NVQ 1 in cleaning & support services or equivalent.
- BICSc certification or equivalent.
- NVQ 2 in cleaning & support services or equivalent.
- Work in a hospital environment.
- Work in a domestic role.
Skills & aptitudesEssential
- Use of household cleaning equipment.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work alone and in a team.
- Ability to use initiative appropriately.
- Able to follow health and safety and hygiene procedures.
- Equality issues.
- Able to supervise staff.
- Teaching skills.
- Willing to learn.
Disclosure and Barring Service Check
- Flexible regarding shift patterns and hours worked.
- Commitment to undertake training as required.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service (formerly known as CRB) to check for any previous criminal convictions.Employer detailsEmployer name
North Cumbria Integrated Care NHS Foundation TrustAddress
CA2 7HYEmployer's website
https://www.ncic.nhs.uk/ (Opens in a new tab)