Intequal, in partnership with the Microsoft Apprenticeship Programme are currently recruiting for an energetic individual to join a fantastic company as an IT Support Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to earn while you learn and gain on the job experience to kickstart your career in IT.
We are looking to recruit an IT Support Apprentice who is a hardworking, organised individual with flexibility and a willingness to learn.
As an IT Support Apprentice your main roles and responsibilities will include:
- Becoming a valued part of the IT Support team
- Learning how to provide technical support
- Assisting in customer projects and support activities as skills allow
- Gaining on the job experience and being able to utilize the skills you have gained over the duration of your apprenticeship
- Helping the existing staff, and the other sub-contractors partnered with, to deliver IT support services to clients
- Learning how to handle telephone support calls as well as incoming helpdesk emails
- Managing the helpdesk system, ensuring all calls are handled within appropriate timescales
- Working on resolving the first line support where capable and working with more experienced staff to help resolve more complex issues or referring to second/third line support staff where necessary
- Updating company systems.
- Receiving direct support calls, face to face and remote customers from a varied customer base in a busy retail environment.
- Accurate fault logging / Diagnosis.
- PC / Mac / Tablet / Mobile Hardware configuration / Builds / Diagnostics / Repairs
- Computer / Mac software and operating system Installations
- Onsite hardware installation of new kit.
- TCP/IP networking
The Level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship contains the following three core key modules which seek to develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be a successful Information Communications Technician. The final module is a Pathway module to provide specialist career track skills and knowledge depending on which track was chosen at the outset from the 3 options available.
- Computer Fundamentals & Security - Gain an understanding of the core concepts in computing including hardware, software, security and troubleshooting.
- Introduction to Networking & Cloud Services - An introduction to the fundamental cloud
concepts of networking and cloud computing, including networking modules, devices and protocols.
- Communication in Support - Support in IT requires good communications skills. Develop your communications skills by exploring the best practices of support.
Throughout the duration of the apprenticeship, you will receive training through blended learning. This combines online technical training within a virtual classroom, as well as real-world and practical experience with your employer.