What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Shadowing engineers within our workplace who will contribute to an advanced engineering education.
- Being included in a variety of ongoing projects and given the opportunity to apply/contribute your own knowledge.
- Taught skills within our tool shop to be able to manufacture, adjust and create tooling & equipment projects.
- Training on advanced design software, including Catia, Autocad, Visi. Performing 3D product design and CAE simulation.
- Project & Program management of small to medium projects.
Manufacturing Engineer Apprenticeship BEng (Hons)
Training will take place at the University of Gloucestershire Park Campus.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Once qualified the roles available within the business are :
1) Production Engineering
2) New Model Introduction Engineer
3) Project Engineer
4) Quality Engineer
During the apprentice program, together, we will establish the preferred route and tune the final years towards your chosen career path.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 6/B) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6/B) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 6/B) Essential