Are you curious to learn new things?
Do you like to ask questions to find out more?
Do you have a logical and analytical mindset?
Do you like solving problems?
If most of these apply, then we'd like to hear from you!
Business Analysts (BAs) work with project managers, IT developers and business representatives to ensure that projects deliver the change that the business needs. BAs play a vital role in ensuring that business needs are fully understood and the right IT services and solutions are delivered.
The apprenticeship is a combination of formal training courses and workplace based learning. This opportunity will allow you to get involved in exciting projects for real practical experience whilst gaining professional knowledge.
We expect you will have the opportunity to apply for a permanent Junior Business Analyst position in DDTS at the end of successful completion of the apprenticeship.
As an Apprentice Business Analyst, you will learn about the approaches and techniques used by BAs and begin to support and contribute to core activities by investigating and analysing problems and opportunities to support business change. You will be working under the guidance of experienced BAs on real life projects, helping to identify and analyse a range of business problems and deliver IT solutions. Your skills will grow throughout these activities with the support of a BA Mentor and other experienced BAs.Responsibilities
• Spend a substantial portion of time shadowing others.
• Build your own knowledge and understanding of how the Business Analyst role fits within DDTS, Defra and project delivery teams.
• Work with other Business Analysts to assist in the investigation and resolution of business change problems and opportunities.
• Develop your business analysis skills and techniques by undertaking business analysis activities under supervision.
• Manage your time between formal certified training and hands on working experience to develop skills on the job.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
• You are a highly motivated individual with the appetite for learning and self-development.
• You are a natural problem solver; interested in finding out more about a situation or problem and working with others to develop solutions.
• You are self-sufficient but also a team player who is quick to build effective working relationships.
• You're enthusiastic when it comes to dealing with changes or new challenges.
• You are organised and methodical and can proactively maintain a balance between work and learning.
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal.Personal qualities
What are the interpersonal or relevant practical skills you believe you could bring to this role (these could be gained from previous paid or voluntary work; from school, college or social networks; or extra-curricular activities such as team sports, hobbies, etc.)Desired qualifications
• 5 GCSEs at Grade 4-9 (GCSE C or above)
• 2 A-Levels or equivalent
If you are awaiting A level results you can still apply but any future offer of employment will be conditional upon you meeting the stated criteria.Future prospects
Salary will be increased to £24,918 pa (100% of grade rate) on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
We expect you will have the opportunity to apply for a permanent Junior Business Analyst position in DDTS at the end of successful completion of the apprenticeship.Things to consider
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Working Together
- Changing and Improving
- Developing Self and Others
- Communicating and Influencing