OHM Sports & Fitness is a community orientated company striving to make sports & fun activities accessible to children from all backgrounds. We are looking for passionate individuals to help deliver high energy, fun and inclusive sessions that ensure every child is engaged and makes progress, regardless of their ability.
We are looking for staff to work during the holidays to deliver a summer of fun through our camps and also individuals that would be available in September to deliver our before, after and lunchtime sports sessions in schools.
- Getting 4-14 year olds active at our holiday camps, after school clubs, lunchtime clubs etc.
- Delivering fun and energetic sessions to all of the children
- Setting up and putting away equipment.
- Building relationships and having great customer service skills when dealing with parents and schools.
- General administrative duties such as signing children in and out, accident reporting etc.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills
- 6 months+ of experience working with 4-14 year olds would be preferred, however not essential
- 3 months+ experience of coaching a sport would be preferred, however not essential
- A team player
- A willingness to speak and liaise with the parents
- Keen interest in sport
- High energy
- Good time keeping
- Willing to learn
Level 3 in one of the following: Primary or secondary teaching, sports coaching, PE, First Aid.
Grades 9-4/A*-Cin GCSE maths & English Language (can include equivalent e.g.Functional Skills Level 2 or A-Levels).Future prospects
As you develop your Coaching skills, knowledge and behaviours you will naturally progress your career.
On completion of the apprenticeship there maybe the opportunity to continue your learning through a Higher (Degree) Apprenticeship.Things to consider
The successful canddiate will be required to have or gain a clean DBS certificate.