What will the apprentice be doing?
During your apprenticeship you will be required to produce a portfolio of work demonstrating your learning and application of different BA tools and techniques including:
• Investigating Techniques
• Business Process Modelling
• Requirements Engineering and Management
• Gap Analysis
• Stakeholder Analysis and Management
• Business Impact Assessment
• Agile Ways of Working
This means that you will:
· Spend a substantial portion of time shadowing others.
· Build your own knowledge and understanding the Business Analyst role, Defra and project delivery teams.
· Work with other Business Analysts to assist in the investigation and resolution of business change problems and opportunities.
· Develop your business analysis skills and techniques by undertaking business analysis activities under supervision.
· As well as receiving coaching and mentoring from professional team members, you will work with and learn from experienced Data Analysts.
· You'll be active in different types of work and involved in the delivery of various projects, all of which will enhance your knowledge and skills.
· You will gain experience of Data Analysis, learn about various parts of our organisation, our great colleagues, obtain insight and knowledge to support your role and career.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship (which typically takes 24 months) you will gain a Level 4 qualification (equivalent to an HNC).
You'll be completing a Data Analyst Level 4 Apprenticeship through a combination of online learning and remotely delivered workshops.
A minimum of 20% is delivered off-the-job, the rest of your time will be in the workplace. You'll be responsible for completing coursework on time, maintaining up to date evidence for your assessments and putting into practice what you're learning.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is a permanent position and after successful completion your employment will continue with us.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Organisational and Planning, Time Management
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade A-C or 4 - 9) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade A-C) Essential