What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working alongside our lead developer on our Agent Plus Platform.
Carrying out bug fixes for the platform.
- Working with other developers on improving and innovating the platform.
- Ability to understand and edit simple HTML/CSS Rules.
- Ability to build out and manage web-site content with a custom-built system.
- Provide support to in-house and offshore developers.
- Ability to do simple photo manipulation in photoshop or the like.
- Ability to think outside the box and provide solutions instead of problems.
- Confident with dealing with clients.
- Excellent communication skills, written and spoken.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development.
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle.
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost.
- Implement accurate and effective change control.
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues.
- Apply suitable 'bug fixes' based on severity and priority.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential